|Mississippi Gem and Mineral Society|
|176 Tazan Avenue, Florence, MS (Located near Jackson, Mississippi)|
The next MGMS Gem, Mineral, Fossil and Jewelry Show will be:
February 27 and February 28, 2016
The MGMS Gem, Mineral, Fossil and Jewelry Show is held at the Mississippi Trade Mart on the State Fairgrounds in Jackson, Mississippi in late February each year. This two day event (Saturday and Sunday) has something that will interest everyone.
- Vendors come from across the country to sell mineral and fossil specimens, cutting materials, books, equipment, gems, jewelry, and more.
- Throughout the Show, demonstrators illustrate the diversity of this hobby - from flint knapping to cutting or polishing gemstones to making jewelry.
- Fun activities for the young (or young at heart) will be found at the Children's Activities booth.
- Special exhibits are provided by various state organizations, colleges, and earth science professionals.
- MGMS members and visitors display some of their own collections of fossils, minerals, and artifacts (many found here in Mississippi).